quinta-feira, 26 de junho de 2008

Frase do Dia

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.

by: BUDDAH

1 comentário:

Fátima disse...

Como é que algo que foi dito há 2.500 anos, se aplica tão bem aos nossos tempos? É um grande ensinamento.

E já agora deixo-te uma linda prosa (atribuida a Buddha) sobre a forma como ele via o mundo:

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes.
I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles.
I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags.
I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil upon my foot.
I perceive the teachings of the world as the illusions of magicians.
I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes.
I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, nirvana as a nightmare of daytime.
I look upon the judgments of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of belief as traces left by the four seasons."

Beijinhos cheios de carinho! ♥